Wednesday, July 9, 2008

You know you're old when...

...You get excited over getting kitchen stuff for your birthday! For my birthday, Mike got me Le Creuset pots!! For those who know what it is, I'm sure you'd be just as excited as I am... Oh look at the possibilities of what I could make with these babies. Any suggestions or recommendations? I'm a Le Creuset virgin, lol!


Mike took me out to Momofuku Bar for dinner and it was interesting, in a good way. As a surprise, Mike also invited a couple of close friends that were into Asian Fusion and I was quite thrilled to have companions to share the food. I'm not a food critic so I won't go into too much details, but I'm not shy when it comes to food, so we ordered a whole bunch of side dishes to try. Some of it included their special for the night; pig tails, fatty pork buns, fluke and veal sweetbreads. Of course, we also got ramen. I wasn't a big fan of the broth base for the pork ramen, but the ramen definitely had a good chewy bite to it. It's slightly different from the traditional ramen I'm used to but good in it's own way.

Though I was beyond stuffed, Mike also planned to take me to the newly opened Chocolate bar in the Village and of course, I obliged. I got an iced mocha & indulged in a piece of salty dark chocolate caramel. The caramel was not chewy at all and surprisingly soft. I didn't taste the salt too much though. I also bought a Dark Chocolate - Strawberry Jam graffiti bar for later.

Finally at home finishing up the night with my best friend, Sam... Life doesn't get any better than this (okay it does) but so far I feel great to be a year older.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Wai Sze! It looks like you had a fabulous day.

fadingflowers said...

Happy Be-lated b-day glad that you had a good one. Hey at least your husband still remembers your b-day. I did nada on my 30th b-day and the darn husband didn't celebrate with me. I was extremely piss and hotter than those boiling pots. Oh well that's life.