Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday.

Sunday Breakfast
A few years ago my Mike & I went to Australia and had possibly the best times in our lives (besides getting married of course.) One of my fondest memories was of a day trip we took to see some caves. It was a long excursion and although seeing the caves was pretty cool; we almost deemed it not worth it until we made a pit stop at a small little shop for some scones and tea. It was very English which was a bit odd but those were the absolute best scones I've ever tasted in my life...

American scones just don't cut it I'm afraid. Anyway, I finally attempted to make Joy of Baking's scones and it wasn't as hard as I thought (considering I'm not a baker.) Fortunately I didn't need to use the kitchenaid for this which was great because I don't really know how to use it. I did ask my husband to prepare the Mock Devonshire Clotted Cream last night so we would have it nice and cold this morning. The scones came out quite well and was perfect accompanied with the cream & preserves we bought back from out Catskills Hiking Trip.


Served with English Breakfast Tea

Sunday Lunch + Dinner
One of our buddies were gifted two boxes of Omaha Steaks over the holidays. Lacking cooking skills & a grill, he brought the steaks over and handed it over to me. I'm not great with the grill but I did my homework and I think it came out well. I'm sure that the fact that the steak itself was of high quality had a good deal to do with it.
A good steak must be accompanied by some good sides right? For two hours, I multitasked over the stove and made Elise's Pefect Mashed Potatoes, Good House Keeping's Bacon Maple Brussel Sprouts, and Ina Garten's Maple Roasted Bacon. The roasted bacon was a hit! It was super easy to make too! Also pictured below is a small side of kielbasa + sauerkraut. We had an unexpected guest so I thought I'd add it to the table just in case.
Peter Luger's Steak Sauce is the best! I never eat steak without it now.


No comments: