Thursday, March 27, 2008

Phrase of the Day

"Forget the past. The future is now. My plan - just roll with it."

Do you have goals? I certainly do. In fact, I have several at the moment.

1. Be healthy
Plan: Weight Watchers

I've never been on a diet. I don't believe in diets because I love eating too much and to be constrained not to eat something.. well forget it, just kill me now. But I realize that whatever I've been doing has not been working and I need a change. This is my change. It's been 3 weeks and I've lost 4 pounds. I haven't really gone all fat free because I don't think that's the way to live either, but I have certainly decreased my portions significantly and have chosen to eat more low calorie foods. How do I feel? Eh. I find it hard not always feeling full but only satisfied, but then again it feels good not to have the 'itis.

2. Sell my stuff in person
Plan: Get involved.

If you don't know me, you would probably never guess that I'm very introverted and typically a shy gal. I don't jump up and down for joy when I get party invitations. I'm not a fan of hanging out at the bar to shoot the breeze. I'm just not very socially active. My perfect day is to wake up bright and early, have a nutritious breakfast that hopefully includes coffee/tea, fresh pancakes/french toast & eggs; followed by a few hours of crafting; an hour of excercise; time in front of the tube or engrossed in a book and a hearty dinner. By myself. You get the point. I digress. The reason I say you would never know that I have such a personality is because I'm a very different person once I get out of my comfort zone that is, my home. Once I'm out there, I can be very socialable and engaging. Weird right? Call it the Jekyll/Hyde Complex. So anyway, this year, I want to join one craft show at the least. I want to see how it's like to sell in person and to meet the buyers who support us.

3. Be a good wife
Plan: Don't get upset over the nitty gritty & Do things myself.

It doesn't matter how many years you've been in a relationship with someone. There are always new things to learn about your significant other that you never noticed before. Time changes and so do people. I know that we have a very solid marriage. Life is pretty good but on occasion we still argue about stupid things. And I know it's normal. But, I admit, sometimes it's my fault and not always necessary.

I am also very dependent on my husband. When I'm home, I'm pretty helpless. I make him do everything. Case in point. I've never ever thrown out the trash. The first time he was away, the trash got full and I waited for my sister to come over and asked her to throw it out. The second weekend he went away, I promised myself that I would finally throw out the trash! And I did it. He came home & noticed that the bag was not as nicely fitted into the garbage can as it normally should be and asked me about it. My response, "at least I threw out the trash!"

What are your goals and what's the plan?

No comments: