Saturday, October 11, 2008

Chinese for Dinner

I've been trying to cook more lately. I've been scouring the internet looking for healthy and easy to make recipes. Last night, I made a healthier and lighter version of Sweet & Sour Chicken thanks to Jaden at Steamy Kitchen. The meal came out quite well and both my picky husband and sister loved it! My photos are not nearly as crisp and perfect as Jaden's but these will have to do for now.


We had to stop by the Chinese market before dinner to pick up more Jasmine rice (how can an Asian household be without rice?) While we were shopping, my sister picked up a container of Vegetarian Duck. She said it's a must try, and indeed she was correct. It was delicious! I also cooked up a side of Chinese Broccoli to round off our meal. Jasmine rice flavored with chicken stock (that's how my husband likes it) finished off our Chinese meal.
A close up of my Sweet & Sour Chicken Dish. This was so easy to make and so yummy too! I don't make Chinese food often. I find cooking Italian much easier; but I think this may the beginning of something good here...

2 comments:

Fadingflowers said...

Sounds really yummy. I often and always been cooking Chinese food since I had my daughter. Additionally it's much more healthier than eating out. We should try to gather up together one day and do a potluck dinner.

SteamyKitchen said...

wonderful! thx for trying recipe.