Thursday, October 30, 2008

Reflecting

Over the summer, I happily engaged in a bunch of craft shows. Now that the summer is over and I've had a few shows checked off my to-do list; it's time to reflect. It's interesting how different I felt before doing my first show and now having done quite a few. I was nervous but excited. Now that the summer has gone by, I feel more confident with my craft and it's been awesome meeting customers and noticing what they tend to gravitate towards.

Craft shows has taken its toll on me though. It's not easy waking up at the break of dawn on a Sunday morning, load up the car and trek it over to Brooklyn. I'm so lucky to have a supportive husband who doesn't complain (too much) and is willing not just to drive me over and pick me up but hang out and help set up and close down at the end of the day.

I also realized that it's not so easy attending craft shows, selling my goods online, work a full time job and be a "good" wife. I've been so busy multi-tasking that I don't have time to sit down and actually enjoy it. That's not good. Most importantly, I haven't been able to devote time to crafting creatively. Surprised huh? I've gotten to a point in my craft where I can repeat some of the designs and still keep it fresh and fun; but I yearn for those days where I spent hours upon hours surfing the net or walking around the city looking for inspiration.

Hence, I've decided that I need "focus" back in my life. I will commit to less craft shows, but spend more time at home to craft creatively and hope for my online orders. Christmas is just around the corner and will be my 2nd as a married couple. I look forward to all the fun festivities and eating of course!

No worries though, I'm still going to participate when I can. My next show will be a new one for me; at the Brooklyn Indie Market (BIM) on Sat., November 15th. I'll be sharing a space with Michelle from dirtylovesclean.etsy.com. So excited about this! And I'll probably make an appearance at the Brooklyn Flea (my mainstay) in December.

No comments: